Mandee & The Very Bad, No Good, Awful Day

Okay so first things first, I had a totally different post planned for today. But then this day took on a life of its own and was so terrible that it's comical.  Off the top of my head there are at least 4 thing that went off the rails, and not in the good way.  

The day started off pretty normal.  I got to sleep in a bit I took care of y dogs then headed to the neighbors to work with their dog who I am watching while they are out of town. Shes wonderful but had literally had zero training, well, now shes had 3 days f training and knows how to sit and walk on a leash.  To say the least shes challenging, but adorable.  

Then I took my wonderful husband to work, with plans of heading to drop off the dry cleaning and hitting the grocery store for a few things before heading home to write my originally planned post.  Tat was at noon.  It is now 7 pm and I have not gone to the store and I am just now sitting down to type.  

All was well until I was headed to the dry cleaner, husband was at work, AC was working in the car and I was listening to Ear Biscuits when suddenly my engine stopped and I rolled to a stop.  Lucky for me I was in the left lane!  (please note the extreme sarcasm) but there was a turn lane and I was able to get basically out of the way.  I have AAA so I called for a tow.  They always ask if you are safe, and I said yes, but since I was in the middle they did put it as a safely situation.  Even then the estimate was an hour.  In Florida in the middle of the street with no shade meant it was HOT.  So I rolled down  my window to wait.  Can you guess what happened next?  Yup, It started to RAIN!  Awesome, so the window went back up and about 45 minutes later the truck arrived. I got out to greet the driver and locked us out of my car.  But AAA had the locksmith kit too so that was okay.

My usually mechanic is closed on the weekends so I got towed to my Aunt and Uncles house, which was near to where I was, and my uncle is a mechanic, so I hoped he could at least give me an idea of what was going on.  The driver was nice, but didn't really talk much so we re in silence listening to NPR.  

Sadly my uncle could fix it, but might be able to tell us whats wrong Monday night after he comes home with the right tool, but I think Ill have it towed to the mechanic by then.  But he let me borrow Helga, his truck and I as able to drop off the laundry and was on my way tot he store when I go cut ff like 5 times in 3 or 4 miles in a large unfamiliar truck, so I skipped the store and went home.  

Thank goodness.  Not long after I got home it was about to storm again so I moved the neighbors dog to the front where she wouldn't get poured on.  

Apparently one of my dogs had an accident while I was gone, the solid kind.  then he ate it so he wouldn't get into trouble, and proceeded to vomit it all over my house.  If you've never smelled half digested and regurgitated dog shit, count yourself among the lucky.  I cleaned that up and took the dogs out again. 

When the smell dissipated I sat down to eat a late lunch and Heard a weird noise, sounded a but like a loud truck or motorcycle going down my road, so I ignored it.  Then I heard it again, but a little more quiet, however, this time my house also shook.  I went outside to see what the ruckus was and the tree in my front yard had fallen over and JUST missed my house. 

There wasn't much I could do as no one I could reach had a chainsaw for me to use, so I went to feed the neighbors dog, when I notice FLEAS.   If you don't know we had a huge flea problem from that house when it was vacant and it took us months to get rid of it. I had some extra flea treatments and was giving it to her when my other neighbor/lawn man pulled up and started to take out the tree.  Which I wasn't planning on but oh well, he's not charging too much.  I was out there helping him and it started to downpour.  So now I'm wet, my dinner is cold, but the tree is at the curb.

When I returned to the house I found one dog outside of the gate, losing his mind because he is terrified of thunder, and the other freaking out behind it.  Along with a puddle of dog pee.  So we go out again and I fed them, then I finally got to change from my wet clothes and the dog peed in the kitchen so much that it was flooded.  This is not normal behavior for my dogs, not like this, but one of them is so old sometimes he cant help it.  

So one broken down car, one fallen tree, one crazy dog, one pile of dog shit/barf and two puddles of dog pee later I am finally sitting to type this.  And I cant help but laugh.  Mercury is in retrograde and the world threw me a few curve balls, but here I am.  although I am partaking in an adult beverage because damn it, I earned it. 

Comments

Popular Posts