And then I failed. but thats not the point!

So, remember when I wrote about my first 30 day challenge?  and what a huge success and accomplishment it was for me?  It was!  it was awesome!  And i saw changes in my body and energy level, amazing!

Then I moved on to phase two, push ups.  I still did squats as well, but the main challenge was the push ups.  And I failed.  For several reasons really.  My upper body is simply not that strong, and the push ups were doing me more harm than good.  I mean, I weigh close to 300 lbs, my arms cannot support that kind of weight right now.  There was spraining and tearing and all around badness happening from them.  Yet I still persisted, and made it about halfway before I got sick and skipped about 4 days.  That was a week ago, and I haven't looked back.  At least not to push ups.  I am starting crunches today and I am looking for a new upper body challenge so that in a few months maybe i can go back to push ups with a bit more success.

Did I fail at the push up challenge?  Yes.  And that's okay.  Now the challenge for me, is making sure that it doesn't derail all my other attempts at getting healthy.  The important part is making sure I try again and again.  Eventually I will be strong enough to complete the push up challenge.  This was just step one.

Comments

Popular Posts