Let's Chat! An Update


So, it’s been a while.  How are you?

Me?  I’m not sure.  I think I’m okay.  It’s taken me this long to figure out what I want career wise and I am finally going to just buckle down and do it.  It’s time to create.  It’s time to get serious about getting crazy and working too much to achieve my goals.  It’s time for sleepless nights and learning new things and making it work.  It’s time to figure out marketing, which is huge and scary and I’m so bad at it. 

It’s time to work so hard that I fall into bed at night instantly asleep and awake excited for today’s new project.

It’s time to finally schedule time for all the things I never had time for before. 

If this sounds familiar, it’s because it is, I have said this many times before.  Here’s hoping this time it sticks.  If you’ve been following along you will have noticed I started a YouTube channel.  The plan is to post once a week, for now and hopefully build up as I get better at filming and editing.  It seems like a great platform for me because at heart I am both a creator and a performer.  So with this I get to do both!  I get to create content and edit, satisfying the make in me, and I get to be the star of the show too!

I’m also working on more novels.  (Check out my first one here) 3 of them, a fantasy/sci-fi novel, a ghost story loosely based on an old story from a place I lived when I was young and my grandfather’s memoir.  I know I’m insane.  All of this and trying to keep my house in order and myself mentally stable plus have time for my husband and my fur babies is a lot but, making time to create has me feeling better.  About everything.  I am more fulfilled than I have been in a while.  It makes me want to do things, like write this right now instead of binge watch The haunting of hill house. (OMG are you watching this!  So good!)

In an ideal world I would sell enough books, or make enough videos to have creating be my full time job.  But Ideal and reality don’t often meet!  But as long as I can create, and it make me happy, I will. 

I’m not saying I won’t fall off the horse again, I am saying, ik will always get back on.  And so far this seems to be going well! 

If you want to follow my progress more closely you can do so on FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/venomzGurl, Or  INSTAGRAM: @Mandeelokins or SNAPCHAT: Mandeefortis.

Comments

Popular Posts