Where I spent my Beauty Dollars


Okay guys if you are here for the nitty gritty on what I got in my makeup haul I’ve got it for you!  I did NOT get all of this at once! 

I grabbed my hand mirror at my local Dollar Tree! It’s cute and cheap and will get the job done! Be warned it is cheap and I don’t just mean price!  The glass is fine, but the handle is cheap plastic and if you aren’t careful it probably won’t last long!

At CVS, I grabbed a bunch of stuff!  Drugstore sales are where it’s at people! 

Milani Blush and highlight trio in 01 was just 9 bucks!  The colors are beautiful and I can’t wait to see how it wears!  Milani is a cruelty free drugstore brand that I think often gets overlooked but they have some really great products.  I can’t find a lot of face products from them, as they seem to cater to a more medium to dark skin tone so if that’s you try their concealer!  I actually like it the formula and wear time but it is just barely wearable for me, and unfortunately oxidizes to be too dark.

I also grabbed an LA Girl Lippie.  It says it’s a Flat finish pigment gloss, or a matte lip-gloss, that’s intriguing to me.  I would think that matte and gloss are polar opposites no?  but I have never tried LA Girl and could not pass up on this interesting lippie! Unfortunately, I don’t remember the cost and have lost my receipt!  But I can tell you it wasn’t expensive, because its drugstore.

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer.  If you wear makeup and don’t know what this is you must have been living under a rock!  I thought it was a little pricey for a single bronzer at the drugstore, somewhere around thirteen dollars I think. So far though, I am not disappointed!  It smells ah-maz-ing, and applies like a dream.  I got the color light which is by far the best colour bronzer I have found for my skin tone so far!  It also comes in a medium and I believe dark.  This formula is to die for!  Now I want to try the whole new butter line!  Watch out wallet!

I got all of my Cover girl products at Walmart, different stores, but still all Walmart!  The prices couldn’t be beat and they had the biggest selection of products for me to choose from!  I’m not going to go too in depth on their products here because there is a dedicated video for them coming soon!  But Suffice it to say, I can’t wait to get these items on my face!

Ulta is bad for my wallet guys!  But I did okay here!  Gift cards are the best!

I started off looking for Morphe face products but they don’t carry it at any of my local stores!  Boo! So I wandered around for a bit.  Before I get to the products, let me share a little story!  There was a sales girl who would not leave me alone!  She was perfectly nice and was trying to be helpful, but I just wanted to browse in peace!  She insisted that I try Stila foundation, I did hoping to get her off my case, and the shoved the product into my hand exclaiming that I “had to have it”.  Eventually someone else asked her for help and she left me alone.  I was walking around waiting for a good time to put the FORTY DOLLAR foundation back, when I looked at where I had tested it.  It had oxidized A LOT and was not several shades too dark for me!  And it was the lightest one they had!  So unfortunately for me I can’t wear Stila foundation, fortunately I figured it out before I spent forty dollars on a product I didn’t really want in the first place!  The formula was really nice though!

I did end up with Tarte Shape tape!  The holy grail of beauty enthusiasts everywhere! I love my NYX concealer but I have wanted to try shape tape for so long!  And with a gift card in hand I decided to treat myself!  I really hope it lives up to the hype! Also from Tarte I got their limited edition #remixnatural palette which is a mini palette full of shimmers jewel tones that made me drool.  It was mildly embarrassing, I had to have it though, and according to the sign you could only get it at Ulta so I did.  Maybe we will try a dramatic shimmery eye look in a video soon!

Even though I couldn’t get the Morphe foundation I didn’t leave Morphe behind on this trip!  I grabbed a liquid to matte lip in Phatty, and its swatches so nice!  It’s a dark mauvey pink, as is much of my lipstick collection!

Last but not least I got my first Makeup Relvolution product!  I decided to go with one of their gilded eyeshadow palettes.  Once I swatched the foiled shadow in it I was sold!  And It just fifteen bucks!  You can’t lose!  And that’s one of the “expensive” palettes from them.  Their standard palettes are seven dollars!

That’s the tea on my recent makeup purchases!  The ones Im sharing so far anyway!  We have lots of great stuff coming your way soon!



See the video here!   https://youtu.be/bai8grLJPz0

Comments

Popular Posts