30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 9

Day 9: Post some words of wisdom that speak to you.

For a lot of these making the choice of what to post about is the hardest part!  There are so many brilliant and wise and inspirational people out there that have had so much to say and have made such an impact, not only on me but on the world.

I am going to go with a portion of the poem Invictus by William Ernst Henley.  Honestly the entire poem is AMAZING.  A friend of mine got tattooed on his back in it's entirety.  The ending phrase culminates the entire thing beautifully and speaks to just how in charge you are of your life.  They read.

"I am the captain of my fate, I am the master of my soul"

These words, especially in conjunction with the rest of the poem give me chills every time.  Fate is yours to drive, and your soul is your own.  No one can change that.

If you haven't before please go read the poem.  It is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read.

Comments

Popular Posts