Nail Polish Fairy, I have a question.

Ugh!  So frustrated right now.  I got this truly excellent *looking* Wet'N'Wild Mega last nail polish.  I know, I know, Wet'N'Wild, really?  Yes, really.  I love it!  Its bright and cheap so I can keep up with the latest trends and not feel too guilty. 

Anyway, pretty much every nail polish I have ever bought was spot on.  It was basically the same color on my nails as it was int he bottle.  Which is a good thing, cause, ya know, we buy it before we put it on our nails, I can only assume that the goal is for the polish to be much the same on your nails as it is in the bottle, right?  Right?

Not so this time around.  I bought what appears in the bottle to be a dusty-rose mauvey color.  really great for fall, and keeping in with the wardrobe guidelines at my job.  (Well, on site, at the office it make no flipping difference) But lo and behind once it was on my nails its like this dark brownish RED.  Much, much more red than pink and not keeping with the guidelines AT ALL.  This color is not even close to the color it looks like while in the bottle. 

( I was going to put a picture here but i cant find one one the web and my camera is at the shop)

Don't get me wrong, it's a VERY pretty color and I am happy to wear it when it's appropriate, but I am not much of a red polish girl, and the whole reason I bought this was for days when I am on site and cant wear my super bright fun colors.  And glitter.  Lots and lots of glitter. 

Gripe number two with this polish, that's right, the color being off wasn't enough for WNW this time around.  The Brush is awful!  I am all for the trend of making the brushes more flat than round, it does make for easier painting in my opinion, but this is absurd!  Its HUGE!  It's just over half of my thumbnail.  Which means that painting my pinkie leaves big ol' red smears on either side of the nail.  It only takes one swipe to do my index finger for crying out loud!

While I am talking to the nail polish fairy I also have a wish list.

1. China Glaze Capitol Colors Collection

Okay, I admit it.  I read and LOVED the Hunger Games Trilogy.  But that is notwhy I love this polish!  (but it IS why I looked it up to begin with)
This collection has 12 colors based on the 12 districts in the books!  Here they are!

China Glaze Agro (District 11 – Agriculture) Is a metallic olive green with flecks of gold. The base isn’t overly warm which makes it very wearable though peeps with uber cool tones may have a hard time pulling it off.

China Glaze Dress Me Up (District 8 – Textiles) is the color that was originally named for Primrose and given its dusty rose color, that would have been a great fit. It’s creamy with a soft, delicate nature, just like Prim.

China Glaze Electrify (District 5 – Power) is a clear-based packed with yellow gold and red glitter. The gold is the more prevalent color. The overall effect looks like gold foil peppered with red sparkles.  Thanks to the density of the glitter, you can get decent coverage without a ton of coats.

China Glaze Fast Track (District 6 – Transportation) is a cool beige packed with gold micro-flecks. It has a similar finish as Knotty from Anchors Away except the base is cooler and more opaque and the flecks are gold instead of silver. It’s a great twist on your average neutral.

China Glaze Foie Gras (District 10 – Livestock) is a dark, moody mauve creme. I’m calling it Below Deck After Dark. It’s a member of that whole taupe-y purple family that Chanel Particuliere and SOPI Metro Chic belong to.

China Glaze Harvest Moon (District 9 – Grain) is a burnt copper foil metallic. It had the autumnal, fall feeling that represents the idea of a bountiful harvest really well.  It is packed with pigment.

China Glaze Hook and Line (District 4 – Fishing) is a muddied, pewter metallic. There’s a bit of taupe to its underbelly that makes me think of a fish hook that has a thin layer layer of dried dirt from years of use. It’s definitely unusual, and you know I love that!

China Glaze Luxe & Lush (District 1 – Luxury) is the FLAKIE top coat.  In the bottle you can see flecks of fiery orange, blue and a lilac leaning pink in a milky base. I think it would pair well with Dress Me Up.

China Glaze Mahogany Magic (District 7 – Lumber) is a rich, yellow-based, brown creme. It’s meant to have a woody feel. Undoubtedly this will rock on warmer/olive skin tones but on me.

China Glaze Riveting (District 3 – Technology) is a jelly-fied gem. A sister to two classic China Glaze jellies, Orange Marmalade and Orange-Pacific this color has one thing going for it the others lack, pigment. Two coats and it’s on!

China Glaze Stone Cold (District 2 – Masonry) is the matte color in this collection.  It makes total sense to have this graphite glitter dry with a matte finish. It’s so asphalt-esque. Though very similar to Nubar Matte Midnight. With a top coat the silver sparkles come alive and it resembles graphite.

China Glaze Smoke & Ashes (District 12 – Mining) The love child of Blk-Bila-Bong and Glittering Garland, it has the inky base and blue micro-flecks that made BBB a star. Mix in the emerald fleck from GG and we have a rising star on our hands.



Also I REALLY want to try a french manicure with colored tips, like a different one for each nail, but I FAIL at french tips with a brush y'all.  I totally cheat and use a nail polish pen for that, but the coloured ones are like 8 bucks each and I'm kinda poor right now... WTF...  How do I fix THAT Nail polish Fairy.

(If there is a nail polish fairy I'm sorry for being snide!  I love you and your product please bring me free nail polish pens and the hunger games nail polish! Thankyouverymuch!

Comments

Popular Posts