What? Or, the joys and sorrows of writing ideas from the middle of the night.

So, the other night I had a weird awesome dream that gave me an excellent writing idea.  I wasn't sure if it would be a fiction piece, or a blog entry, but it was phenomenal!  So great in fact, that I got my ass out of bed at like 3 in the morning to make sure I wrote this nugget of excellence down.  Thereby ensuring that I wouldn't forget it.

Isn't that the worst?  Having the best idea ever in the middle of the night, then forgetting it by morning?  I hate that.  But there was simply no way that was going to happen to me.  I wrote it all down.

Y'all, my notes make no fucking sense. 

Here are my notes, as they appear in my notebook.  They are almost  coherent, but not quite.

Necklace and Pendant.
Brings Statues back to life.
Destry! Hide forever.
At A School.  Island.
Vacation?
Giant Nose.            Flying.          Dragon?
Driffin?  PEGASUS!!
Black Lake.  hole.

It seems to be making sense at the beginning.  then it goes downhill from there.  Giant nose?  hole?  What was I thinking?

I do remember the part of the dream where I am flying over a lake.  But it wasn't black.  I don't recall being on any kind of animal.  Also I'm pretty sure Driffin=Griffin. 

Maybe I was thinking of Harry Potter?  Who the fuck knows?!!

Do my notes make sense to you?  Have you ever had your middle of the night best ideas notes come out as complete dreck in the morning?  Or forgotten what you know was your million dollar idea? 

Spill it in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts