Putting the Art in Nail Art

Okay, so you may or may not know this.  I have recently acquired an obsession.  It’s mildly embarrassing, and will definitely kill some of my geek cred, but I am obsessed with painting my nails.  Like really guys, daily. 
Admitting that makes me cringe a little.  However,  it soothes me after a long day at work, and after exercise, cleaning, cooking and caring for my 2 demanding dogs and my wonderful *husband. 
*Yes he is wonderful and he does help, but he has an extremely demanding day job, so I try to let him relax a little when he gets home
It is pretty mindless, I have to pay attention to it, but I don’t have to think about it too hard.  I can do it while I watch TV, or surf the net, or wait for my roast to finish cooking.  Assuming I am having an ambitious cooking day.
Being a crafter, painting my nails also satisfies my inner artist/crafter.  I am not a great painter or anything, but I have enough skills and patience to do some pretty cool things to my nails!  Lucky for me I have a fairly long nail bed so I don’t have to grow my nails exceptionally long to have the room for some pretty cool stuff!
Here are some of the things I have tired:
Marble swirl – Successful
photo from: nail-design.us
Tie Dye (no water) – Successful!
Photo from: Amberdidit.com
French manicure – Successful
Photo From: sheknows.com

Taping – Semi successful – The technique worked, but I didn’t like the patterns or colors I chose… oops!
Photo From: nailnoise.blogspot.com

Crackle – Successful!  This is easy thanks to sally Hansen!  Base color with crackle top coat! Easy-peasy!
Photo From: hunt4freebies.com

Hombre/Dip Dye – Unsuccessful, but I haven’t given up yet!
Photo From: simoneeeb.blogspot.com

Things I want to try but I am terrified of:
Caviar

Flocking
Swirl tips
Phptp From: Naildirectory.com
This was the best photo I could find... The youtube video was better!
Splatter
Photo From: Nail-Art-101.com
Newsprint
Photo From: iknowhair.com
Stamping – okay I’m not scared of it, I just don’t have a stamping kit!
Nail stamping designs
Photo from: Nailspedia.com
Nail Art has come so far since I was a kid.  Remember when a French Manicure was bearly heard of because it was “so hard” well nail technitians all over the place are putting the Artback into nail art!  

Nerdy nail art next time!



Comments

Popular Posts